The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) funds a range of supports to assist National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants achieve their employment goals. Supports in employment is one of these types of support. Forrest Personnel has customised employment Mentors for participants who need extra help to pursue their employment goals.
Forrest Personnel Mentors promote opportunities for meaningful, suitable and sustainable employment for people with disabilities.
- developing a career plan
- explore employment goals.
- find employment providers.
- employment-related assessment and counselling.
- workplace assistance – on-the-job training and intermittent support with daily work tasks. Direct supervision and/or group-based support to enable meaningful participation at work
Forrest Personnel Mentors work with the customised employment approach, this includes:
- Discovery – This stage focusses on getting to know you and working out the kinds of supports that work best for you, as well as your:
This information is used to find a work pathway that best suits you.
- Job creation
This stage uses information from the Discovery stage to create a job that suits you. This could be a job created with an employer, or it could be self-employment in a microenterprise.