What the is NDIS and who is it for?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way for people with a disability to get support through individualised funding plans.
It is all about choice and control.
It is designed to empower people with disability to work towards achievements, to identify the disability related support they need, and to choose where they would like to buy their supports.
The NDIS is a national no fault insurance scheme designed to change the way that disability services are delivered in Australia. It aims to do this by:
- recognising that disability related support is an entitlement
- acknowledging the right of all people to an ‘ordinary life’
- matching funding to the support needed and placing control over the funding with the person and their support network
- ensuring that providers discuss the service they will deliver with the person who will receive it through negotiation of individual service agreements
- supporting a social model of disability support where the community sector contributes to support as they do for all community members, and
- facilitating choice of provider in an open market.
What does the NDIS look like in Western Australia?
If you are interested in exploring your options simply contact us for a friendly, obligation-free discussion on the new possibilities provided by the NDIS and how Forrest Personnel can be part of your journey to employment.